• Due to a virtual cacophony, practically, of people wondering if I’m still out there, wherein cacophony equals two, I decided I should make an appearance and see if any words come out. I have been having a bit of writer’s block, wherein block equals overwhelmed by life.
• What is overwhelming, you ask? (or maybe you don’t, whatevs) Just everything. My mind is a never-ending whirl of to-do lists alternating with feelings of failure. I don’t know where the summer went. Did I do art every week with the kids? No. Did I teach myself to sew? No. Did I do scrapbooking, or take a photoshop class or learn to make tortillas? No, No, and No. I want Fall to feel like a clean slate, but it mostly feels like continuing to barely keep afloat on all my regular duties but adding in 6 hours of school every day. Plus also we are starting Latin this year and I am muy afraid.
• Speaking of school, we started today, bright and early at 8:30 am. Big has been doing the same 8 math problems for 2 hours, and he also has managed to have three, count ‘em THREEEEEE, full on crying melt-downs already because the Meanest Mom in the West insinuated that he needed to
pull his head out of his butt and get with it try a wee bit harder to focus. I have a new plan for him this year, mostly being that he needs to learn that procrastinating and complaining doesn’t get the work done; if he has to do school until 8pm every night to figure that out, then so be it. I see many Growth Opportunities in his future. Poor guy. Unrelated: I am considering taking up daytime drinking (not really) (but maybe).
• I did manage to shop for an early Christmas present and scored these super awesome salt & pepper shakers for my sister -
If you don’t think those are the Best Thing Ever, well, I pity you.
• Happy Monday, y’all! Happy Back to School! Happy, Happy, Happy!