• More on the Common Core (yes, I am still on this) – a speech by Bill Gates in which he explains that treating education as one-size-fits-all will unleash powerful market forces in the service of better teaching. For the first time, there will be a large base of customers eager to buy products. Because OF COURSE we will have better results with more standardization and more computer time.
Ahhh…..the light dawns…
• Oh, and before I forget, there is a TON of good research and ammo against the Common Core at the What Is Common Core blog (for those of you still reading who haven’t sprained your eyes rolling them at me and my endless carrying on about this issue).
• And one more article on the absolutely Orwellian NATIONAL STUDENT DATABASE that they’ve created to keep track of us for the rest of our lives. Information Bill Gates wishes to have so he can SELL US STUFF.
• Justin Beiber visited the Ann Frank House Museum in Amsterdam. Apparently he was quite moved by his visit, and wrote in the Special Guestbook that he hopes “she would have been a Belieber.”
So. There you go. The Beebs, he’s deep.
• I was trying to show the kids how to jump rope the other day. Word to the wise: having your plumbing rearranged by two 9 pound babies seems to mean jumping rope is off the table forevermore. Just sayin’.
• Happy Monday, y’all! Link up with your own Randomness below!