• Last Wednesday, a discussion about what we should have for dinner turned into an intense debate during which Big said, “I’m SORRY, I just don’t see the POINT of soup.”
• Also last week during math, Big said, “are these subtraction problems correct? I’m trying to develop a trick.”
NO. NO TRICKS. STOP TRYING TO RE-INVENT MATH AND JUST WRITE THE ANSWERS BEFORE YOU KILL ME DEAD.
That is probably not the kind of encouragement that will turn him into the next Bill Gates, but just ONE day of doing schoolwork without arguing over how to make a nine, or drawing arrows and bubbles and lines all over his paper, or refusing to put a Y or N for yes/no questions and instead coming up with an elaborate system with a grid for checkmarks and Xes, just one day free from all that would be a VACATION.
What? No, I mean HOMESCHOOLING IS AWESOME.
• This article won’t excite people whose kids are close to college age, but it’s awesome for those of us with young kids – The End of the University. Technology changes everything – even a Harvard education. (hat tip Lori Pickert). MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) are the future!
• I woke up with a very sore back the other day. I couldn’t figure out what I did. Finally, it dawned on me that I had literally injured myself while sleeping. This is how you know you are old.
• The other night I stayed up late to watch The Real Housewives (as is my wont), and one of the women in Beverly Hills stated that owning a horse was really expensive because you have to pay for boarding and vitamins and chiropractors and masseuses (masseusi?).
A masseuse. For your horse. I don’t know how to process that. I just…I don’t know. Horse Masseuse. Like, that’s a thing. Apparently.
Happy Monday, y’all! Link up with your own Randomness below!