Please Do Not Try This At Home

In CategoryNavel Gazing
ByDeb

We are not the idiots who put a ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY WATT lightbulb in a cheap plastic desk lamp. It was almost very bad, as the light was only on for about ten minutes before the acrid (and dare I say toxic) smoke of melting plastic drifted out of the bedroom. I shudder to think what could have happened if we had left the house or been outside.

10 Responses to “Please Do Not Try This At Home”

  1. Applie Says:

    Wow. That is scary. Cool pic of the dripping plastic, though.
    Applie´s last blog post ..Kara Frazier

  2. Kristy Says:

    Holy handgrenade Batman!
    Kristy´s last blog post ..What to do, what to do….

  3. Happy Elf Mom Says:

    WOW. The whole place is probably going to reek for a few days.
    Happy Elf Mom´s last blog post ..Communication Arts

  4. Ingi Says:

    Wow – not cool (in a cool kind of way – loved the dripping black plastic). Lucky the house is still there (which is not your house, yes?).
    Ingi´s last blog post ..What d’ya reckon?

  5. Tressa Says:

    Yowsa! Not cool! Glad you caught it!
    Tressa´s last blog post ..Summer Reading

  6. Nan | wrathofmom.blogspot.ca Says:

    Wow. I never — and I mean NEVER EVER — pay attention to those wattage warnings on lamps. I think you just reformed me.
    Nan | wrathofmom.blogspot.ca´s last blog post ..Warp Speed Wednesday: Voyage aux étoiles avec liberté, égalité, fraternité,

  7. Connie Weiss Says:

    OH MY GOSH!

    That is so dangerous! I didn’t even know they make a bulb that high.

    Was it used for interrogations or something?
    Connie Weiss´s last blog post ..Somebody Loves Me…or Pizza

  8. Taylor Says:

    How crazy!
    Focus, Deb! Don’t blow up your house!
    Taylor´s last blog post ..The Happy Hens Retirement Community

  9. sharron Says:

    That is not a sight any mom wants to see when there are little ones who might touch it curiously. Glad everyone is ok.

  10. Julie Says:

    Wow. Glad you are all ok!