• It’s becoming apparent why May is not the High Season in Yellowstone.
• I told Jim if he didn’t quit talking about the Grand Tetons, I was going to mock him on the internet. But he won’t stop. The man is Teton-crazed.
• I see it was Super Moon over the weekend. Last year I heard people talking about Super Moon on the internets and I thought it was a meme going around where everyone was going to take pictures of their ass and post them online. Glad I realized it was about the actual moon this year.
• I made this bread the other day. (note the improvised cooling rack made from scrunched up tin foil)
It took about 4 seconds to mix the ingredients and was DELICIOUS.
I have paid $5 for a loaf like this. Try it. You’ll like it.
No special equipment required – just a lidded enamel cast iron pot. I got mine at Sam’s for $40 and I use it almost every day.
The blogger at Simply So Good says she does not care for it made with whole wheat flour, but I recently discovered I can buy REAL whole wheat flour - essentially what I mill myself – at WalMart of all places. I made my loaf with half Wheat Montana Bronze Chief and half King Arthur Organic All Purpose flour. It was AMAZING. I think white flour is pretty useless, nutritionally speaking, but even if though I used half white flour, I still feel great about giving this to my family because it only has 3 ingredients and I can pronounce them all.
Tonight I am going to prepare a loaf with cheddar cheese in it for our soup tomorrow night. And maybe I’ll make a cinnamon raisin loaf for breakfast. Yum.
If you want to read more about Whole Grain vs. 100% Whole Grain, check this out. Wheat Montana flour has the 100% Whole Grain stamp, where other so-called “whole wheat” flours, such as King Arthur Flour, have only the Whole Grain stamp. Don’t get me wrong – I love King Arthur products. But the term Whole Wheat can be misleading, and that is why I look for the 100% stamp on most grain products I buy.
• While at the dreaded WalMart over the weekend, we bought Little some hiking shoes.
TWO DOLLARS! There’s no way I can’t brag about that.
• Have a good week, peeps. Brace yourselves for lots of nature pictures.