• I thought double-digit multiplication was going to kill me today. But then it didn’t! I live to fight another day (to Big’s regret, I’m sure.
Little, who’s always hummed cheerfully through her schoolwork has recently started whining and fussing at me during math. What is this? I cynically suspect she wants in on the patting and encouraging and soothing voice her brother gets. Hmm. Sometimes I think they lie awake at night and plot against me. Is that too suspicious?
• Speaking of kids, on Saturday morning after a night of strange dreams, I woke wanting to cuddle my kids. I nudged Jim on the shoulder and said, “I want a baby.”
I didn’t even realize what I had said until all the blood drained from his face.
• A few weeks ago, my local homeschooling group on FB had a giant virtual fistfight about whether or not to allow political and religious posts on the Facebook Page. It started one afternoon, and continued all the way until midnight. It was horrifying. People stopped juuuust short of name calling. Like, they didn’t actually call names, but managed to leave no doubt as to the ones they would call, if they weren’t so civilized.
It was bizarre – and sad. They are all friends! They KNOW each other. I thought for sure I’d wake up the next morning and everyone would be contrite and apologizing and blaming it on too much wine… but no. They started right back up again. It went on for THREE DAYS. Eventually, one faction decided to split off and start over and the faction that stayed behind squabbled among themselves for a few more days before settling down.
Have you been through this? Is a Homeschool Group Split a rite of passage?
• This is awesome – This is What Brave Means at Momastery.
• Also this, about guarding the gates of your heart, which I am a huge believer in – Guard Your Gates.
• And one more – The Four Levels of Friendship. Very interesting. Lots of good points. INTJ Deb likes to be able to quantify things and make logical little charts.
• Happy Monday, y’all!